KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
That we, the undersigned, all of whom are residents of the State of California, have this day voluntarily associate ourselves together for the purpose of forming a non-profit corporation under the California General Nonprofit Corporation law, and we do hereby certify:
ONE: That the name of the corporation is LA VETA MONTEREY CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC. ("Association" herein)
TWO: That the purposes for which the Association is formed are:
(a) That the primary purpose for which the Association is formed are to form a residential real estate management association and to provide for the acquisition, construction, management, maintenance and care of real and personal property held by the Association, or commonly held by the members of the Association, or located in the project and owned by members of the Association, and otherwise to act and by operated as a "homeowners association" as defined in Section 528 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as amended.
(b) Subject to the provisions of the recorded or to-be recorded Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions applicable to the project ("Declaration"), the general purposes and powers of the Association are:
1. To promote the health, safety and welfare of the residents within the property;
2. To exercise all of the powers and privileges and perform all of the duties and obligations of the Association arising from the Declaration;
3. To fix, levy, collect and enforce payment, by lawful means, all charges or assessments under the terms of the Declaration and to pay all expenses incident to such actions and all office and other expenses incident to the conduct of the business of the Association, including all licenses, taxes and governmental charges levied against the property of the Association.
4. To acquire (by gift, purchase or otherwise), own, hold, improve, build upon, operate, maintain, convey, sell, lease, transfer, dedicate for public use or otherwise dispose of real and personal property in connection with the affairs of the Association;
5. To borrow money, mortgage, pledge, deed in trust or hypothecate any or all of its real estate or personal property as security for money borrowed or debts incurred;
6. To have and to exercise any and all powers, rights, and privileges that a corporation organized under the General Nonprofit Corporation of the State of California is legally entitled to exercise; and
7. To act in the capacity of principal, agent, joint venture, partner or otherwise.
The Foregoing statement of purposes shall be construed as a statement both of purposes and of powers, and purposes and powers of each clause shall in no way be limited or restricted by the reference to or inference from the terms or provisions of any other clause, but shall be broadly construed as independent purposes and powers. However, the Association shall not, except to a nominal necessary degree, engage in any activity or to exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the primary purposes of the Association.
THREE: The Association is organized under the General Nonprofit Corporation Law of the State of California.
FOUR: The principal office for the transaction of the business of the Association is in Orange County.
FIVE: No part of the net earning of the Association shall inure to the benefit of any private individual (except through acquiring, constructing, or providing management, maintenance and care of property held by the Association, or commonly held by the members of the Association, or located in the project and owned by the members of the Association, or through rebates of excess membership dues, fees or assessments).
SIX: The authorized number and qualification of members of the Association, the different classes of members, if any, the voting and other rights and privileges of members and their liability for assessments and method of collecting them shall be controlled by the By-laws.
SEVEN: The names and addressed of the persons who are to act in the capacity of Directors until the selection of their successors are:
1. 400 North Central Avenue, Glendale, California 91209
2. 400 North Central Avenue, Glendale, California 91209
3. 400 North Central Avenue, Glendale, California 91209
4. 400 North Central Avenue, Glendale, California 91209
5. 400 North Central Avenue, Glendale, California 91209
EIGHT: Amendment of these Articles of Incorporation requires the vote of the members representing at least fifty-one (51%) percent of the each class of members entitled to vote.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned, being the persons named above as first Directors, have executed these Articles of Incorporation.
- Warren Silverberg
- Gary Langendoen
- Richard Bates
- Mel Wynn
- Bernard Baker
STATE OF CALIFORNIA )
COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES )
On this 24th day or May, 1979, before me, the undersigned, a Notary Public, in and for the said State, personally appeared Warren Silverberg, Richard Bates, Mel Wynn and Bernard Baker, Gary Langendoen, known to me to be the persons whose names are subscribed to the within instrument and acknowledged to me that they executed the same.
WITNESS my hand and official seal.
On record Eleanor M. O'Brien